Friday, October 23, 2009

Musical interlude

It's been a while since I've posted any music. Lately I've been searching out artists I'd heard good things about, but hadn't listened to. Sites such as Amie Street Music, Free Music Archive and Pandora are great for that.

One of my favorites I ran across is Langhorne Slim, who offers a sardonic, modern take on traditional folk, country, and blues, according to his MySpace page. I'm not sure what that really means, but I like his sound and he's a gifted songwriter.

I was listening again to his self-titled CD today. I really like the track "Diamonds and Gold." It makes a good bridge from my last entry to what lies ahead. Please give it a listen and try to take the lyrics to heart. We've all got to learn to get a little happy along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment