Thursday, December 31, 2009

One blog per day all month -- Mission Accomplished!

I did it. At the beginning of December I promised to post something on my blog every day for the entire month. Today marks post No. 31, and although it is coming after midnight I'm still counting it. Thus I have accomplished my goal.

And now that I've done that, I doubt I'll ever try to do it again. The reasons are varied, but mostly because it became increasingly difficult for me to write anything of substance. It was fun digging through YouTube looking for videos about hockey or music or whatever.

But I didn't create anything in those posts that stretched my writing muscle. I started the blog because I want to use this space as if I am writing essays for a newspaper. I wasn't able to do that very often this month because those type of posts usually take me longer to write. Sometimes it takes three or four days for me to get all my thoughts in order enough to share them.

For whatever reason, that didn't happen this month. I spent more time looking for videos or links than I did with the actual writing. I'm glad I tried the daily blogging thing, though. It was an interesting experiment and did keep me from neglecting the blog. I was losing steam with it in October and November, but I didn't want to stop doing it.

I also decided I want to keep blogging. I may not be doing it every day anymore, that's true. But I am hoping to do it at least once a week. That way I'll keep my writing muscle a lean, mean fighting machine.

I remain amazed anybody is reading this at all, but I am thankful there are readers. It makes it much more fun knowing I'm not doing this for nothing.

Happy New Year!





No comments:

Post a Comment